Re: Oracle Stored Procedures

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/07/18

In article <7127cc$8211b.23d_at_ineter.edgewater.com>,

   kdonovan_at_edgewater.com (Kevin J. Donovan) wrote:
>Im working with Oracle 7.X.... but come from a SyBase, MS-SQL Server
>background. My problem is that I have been completley unsuccessful at
>writing an oracle stored procedure that returns multiple rows. I
>Sybase and MS-SQL Server this is a piece of cake...In Oracle Im FRYING

I hate to say it, but there is no Oracle7 equivalent to this sqlserver feature. altho you can pass a cursor from PL/SQL to PL/SQL, you cannot pass a cursor or result set from PL/SQL back to anywhere else.

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Thu Jul 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message