Re: Multi-form weirdness

From: Robert Monical <monical_at_rmi.net>
Date: 1996/07/16

In article <4sf87i$qto_at_xbox.stevensons.co.nz>, slc_at_stevensons.co.nz says...

>Hi all. I'm creating a multi-form application with Forms 4.5.
>When I have more than one form open at runtime strange things
>seem to happen when I move the cursor around. Every time
>the cursor moves over a field in an inactive form, the message
>line and menu for the inactive form briefly show for a fraction
>of a second, then they revert back to the message line and
>menu for the active form. "Working..." also displays during
>this time. This creates an annoying flickering.
>
>Is there a way to eliminate this problem?
>
>Steve Chell
>slc_at_stevensons.co.nz

There are a number of things to look at when working with multi-form applications:

Depending on how you open the extra forms, the opening/other forms may be completely active. This means that all of your when window activated etc. triggers will still fire in the "inactive" form.

Events from the opened form may propogate out to the opening form. For example, you may get multiple "No Changes to Save" messages on a commit_form (I think Oracle has acknowledged that this one is a bug).

Call_form may be a good way to go, I have very few problems. Unfortunately, I cannot run SQL-NET and Trumpet Winsock at the same time, so I cannot test your particular problem right now.

I'll e-mail a another follow-up.

Good luck... Received on Tue Jul 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message