Oracle licensing question

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/07/16

So if I purchase Oralce workgroup server/NT or Solaris x86 for $1475 with a 5-user license does it matter if more than 5 users connect to it through the web ?

Oracle says :

Licensing Terms

In accordance with the Oracle Program License Terms this is a license for:

     Five Concurrent Devices

The number of "Concurrent Devices" is defined as the maximum number of input devices accessing the programs at any given point in time.

So if I have a perl script serving Oracle data to 10 web surfers at any given point in time, am I violating the license terms ? How am I to control such a thing ? Or does the software not service more than 5 requests at a time ?

Thanks.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Tue Jul 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message