SQL*Plus / Report Script for Table Information

From: Jim Morris <morri055_at_gold.tc.umn.edu>
Date: 1996/07/15

I am documenting a number of queries that I have written using SQL*Plus. My problem is that the DESC command is lacking. I am looking for a script which can create robust, table definition reports that can be included in my documentation with no additional editing. The basic information to be included must be:

			Table Name
			Column Name
			Primary Key
			Null?
			Data Type
			Index Column
			Column Size

I have had limited success retrieving the desired information, yet I can't seem to get the output into a satisfactory and professional looking format. Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jim Received on Mon Jul 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message