Re: Help: Trigger Problem

From: Andrew Zitelli <andy.zitelli_at_tus.ssi1.com>
Date: 1996/07/12

croys_at_smart.net (Chris) wrote:
> I created a trigger and it gets created just fine. but when I try to
> view the body of the trigger in all_triggers, only a couple
> of lines show up for the body. It cuts off right in the middle of a
> variable. The trigger doesn't seem to be working either but it
> compiles just fine. Any idea what the problem might be?

The field "trigger_body" in the view all_triggers (as well as the view user_triggers) is of type LONG. When trying to view long fields from SQL*Plus, there is a maximum length that will be displayed. To increase this for viewing in SQL*Plus, use the SQL*Plus command "set long" specifying the new maximum size. For example:

     set long 2500

This would set the maximum long field size to be displayed to 2500 characters.

  • Andy Zitelli, Silicon Systems, Inc.