Re: Rowtype operator in a stored procedure

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/12

Sounds like the owner of the procedure can see XXX because of a role they have, not because access to XXX was granted directly to them.

You cannot create stored objects that reference other objects via priveleges granted from a role.

Try "grant select on XXX to That_User" when logged into the schema that owns XXX (where that_user is the schema name of the guy trying to create the procedure).

That'll fix it.

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996 17:05:10 -0400, Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net> wrote:

>I am writing a stored procedure that defines a variable of type
>XXX%ROWTYPE, where XXX is in another schema, referenced via a
>synonym. All of the appropriate permissions are in place, however
>I am receiving a PLS-201 (XXX must be declared) error message.
>If I compile this same stored procedure under the XXX userid, it
>works just fine. My question is this: Can I use ROWTYPE to reference
>an object in another schema? If so, what do I need to do to provide
>the necessary visibility?
>
>Any guidance will be appreciated.
>--
>jennings_at_dca.net

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com -- Check out our web site! Brand new, uses Oracle Web Server and Database

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jul 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message