Re: Web access to Oracle.

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/12

Alireza Assadzadeh wrote:
> Using Oracle Web Sever and PL/SQL would have great advantages, only
> once Oracle enhances Designer 2000 and Developer 2000 to automatically
> create the necessary PL/SQL. I don't see Oracle putting this in place
> before the end of the year(maybe even next year).

Er, actually, the Designer/2000 WebServer Generator has been available in production status for 2 or 3 months now...

The Oracle WebServer Generator creates fully functional applications that publish data retrieved from an Oracle database over the World Wide Web. These generated applications are based on module and database design specifications recorded in the Designer/2000 Repository.

The main input to the generation process is a module design specification recorded through the Module Data Diagrammer component of Designer/2000. This records the tables and columns used by the module, the links between them, and detailed information on how the module uses the data.

Modules can be linked together using the Module Structure Diagrammer. In the generated application these module links allow navigation between the modules.

During generation the Oracle WebServer Generator creates a set of PL/SQL packages, which are then run to install the Web application onto and Oracle WebServer database. Preferences determine the general look and feel of the generated application and can be customized to suit particular requirements.

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and
do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.