Re: GUI Migration question

From: Shravad <shravad_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/07/09

I was involved in a very rapid conversion project that was needed for the marketing team. We migrated from Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.0 and some modules into Forms 4.5. If this forward migration within Forms approach is taken you may not have to rewrite the entire code in an other Client side tool. There are also some third party conversion tools by Kumaran Systems out of Toronto, Ontario Canada called GUI*Converter. I've heard that they've done some very successful conversions.

To begin with, using Oracle's F45GEN.EXE to convert a Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 fmb module will present you with a template Forms 4.5 source module within minutes that has all the functionality which you originally wrote in Forms 3.0. Received on Tue Jul 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message