Re: pl/sql table

From: Mark <nwa_at_protocom.com>
Date: 1996/07/09

In article <4rrldr$9j3_at_mars.cnct.com> Ayokunle Giwa <akgiwa_at_cnct.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'd really appreciate someone out there explaining to me the basics
> of a pl/sql table its uses and methods .........Thanx ....Ayokunle Giwa

.and the short answer is -
a pl/sql table can be thought of as a sparse array.

With 7.3 a pl/sql table can also be an array of structures (i.e. database records).

a table of numbers can be assigned in the following way:

number(1) := 10;
number(5) := 50;

if number(5) = 50 then

etc.
Hope this helps, mark

etc.

That which does not kill us only serves to make us stronger, or something like that. Received on Tue Jul 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message