stored package size limitation?

From: Daniel Steiger <sted_at_pmu.leica.ch>
Date: 1996/07/09

Is there a size limitation for pl/sql stored database objects? Is there a known limitation of 64K? Verified by Oracle?

Until today Oracle is unable to give us a clear answer regarding size limitation for pl/sql stored database objects!

We do have some problems with packages > 100K. On the other side we do have packages > 100K which run whithout problems so far. As a upper limit we recognized a size of 130K (ASCII). We could not compile packages bigger than that.

We run Oracle 7.1.4 on SUN/SOLARIS 2.4 - So please no windows specific answer, thanks! Hints for other platforms are very appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Gruss Daniel

Daniel Steiger LEICA AG, LIS/GIS Development Voice: +41 (62) 737 68 07 Photogrammetry and Metrology Fax: +41 (62) 723 07 34 5035 Unterentfelden Email: <daniel.steiger_at_pmu.leica.com> Switzerland