Re: Oracle Security question

From: Carl Hoang <choang_at_winternet.com>
Date: 1996/07/06

On the DOS/Windows side, you can set a environment variable after the user is signed on like USERID=choang. In the PB app you can get this parameter and log in the Oracle DB. Do not change the autoexec.bat to have this parameter hardcoded for security reason. Use your Novell script to set the parameter.

Shankar Ramanathan <srnathan_at_amoco.com> wrote:

>1. I want to create a setup such that i can use the novell logon
>id to access the oracle database (say, thro powerbuilder)
>I dont want to ask for the userid and password if the user is a valid
>novell user.

>What do I need to do on the server side?
>What do I need to do on the client side. I have some vague idea, but i am
>not too familiar with novell / PC side.

>2. Can I setup the database such that any body can read the database
>so that i dont even have to create the userid in oracle.
>(Again we can enforce this thro' novell login?)

>any ideas?

     Carl Hoang choang_at_winternet.com Received on Sat Jul 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message