Re: Designer 2000 Respository Reports

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/03

Kirill Richine wrote:

> STANLEY C. STINES (SCS_at_ornl.gov) wrote:
> : settings. I have used Preview, Print, Screen and File but cannot get the
> : report.
>
> I have had similar problems with Reports 2.5 It turns out is what you
> see is not what you are going to get on the printer. I ended up using
> Preview mode only, and not paid much attention at how it looked on the
> previewer (it looked really bad when I used Times New Roman font,
> which is a variable-width font).
>
> I don't really grasp the idea behind having two modes, Screen and
> Preview, it does not make much sense.
>
> k&

Different fonts exist for the two modes. Some people view reports on screen, and newer print them. They use the Screen fonts that their users are used to and that look better for the screen.

Printer fonts are hard to emulate, but the 'Preview' option will allow to simulate 'printing to the screen'.

--
Per Brondum
Developer/2000