Re: Significant Figures

From: Mitchell Ryan <ryanmr_at_csus.edu>
Date: 1996/07/02

Mitchell Ryan wrote:

> Does any know of an Oracle function that handles significant figures?
> Or does anyone know of an function that someone has written that I
> can download that does this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mitchell
What I mean by this is that I am looking for a function that I can specify I want ,say, two significant figures, and Oracle function will evaluate the number in the column and return, two significant figures. By example: if I'm given a number like 12.043, and I specify 2 significant figures than I want returned 12.

If I wanted 3 significant figures the number returned would be 12.04 (the zero is the place holder in this case). Received on Tue Jul 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message