Re: INDEX SPACE UTILIZATION

From: Gene Gurevich <geneg_at_umich.edu>
Date: 1996/07/01

> mkulkarn_at_na.stratus.com wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to find how much of allocated space the indexes are
> > really using. One way I have tried is to issue command "analyse index
> > validate structure" and then query from index_stats table
> > (btree_space,used_space and blocks). But for some reason this table
> > holds only one row at a time. So when I analyse another index, the
> > data for previous index is lost. I would like to write a script which
> > will run every morning and give me list of indexes which have utilized
> > more than 80% of the allocated space so that I can take appropriate
> > action.

I created a table that has the same layout as the index_stats table. I also wrote a script that analyze tables and copies the data from index_stats to my new table. At the end my new table contains data about all tables that I need and I can query it. Hope it helps Received on Mon Jul 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message