Re: WWW servers using databases

From: MAX <michael_at_organic.com>
Date: 1996/07/01

Antony Scerri wrote:
> The database is to be used for
> holding the web pages for easy access through CGI. So idealy we are looking for
> a database which has an existing CGI front end for queries, or can be expanded
> using some kind of language (ie SQL, 4GL). Any advice as to the web server
> platform or possible databases would be appreciated.
>
> Tony.

Could you explain this a little more. Will the database hold the actual pages in full as text? Or will it just locations of pages? Or will the database be generating the pages on the fly? If you are going with a publishing type setup, you might want to look at illustra for running your system and holding your pages. If you are going to run the site as pages only from the database, then you could use oracle, or something else like msql.

Michael Received on Mon Jul 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message