Re: Crashing OCI demos.

From: David-Michael Lincke <dlincke_at_bandon.unisg.ch>
Date: 1996/06/30

Arnar Mar Hrafnkelsson (amh_at_rhi.hi.is) wrote:
: I have Oracle 7.2 .. and when compiling the demos in
: $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo/
: they compile then link and when I run as soon as they come
: to olog() they dump core and die.
:
: Im compiling with gcc and use:
:
: make -f oracle.mk cdemo2 (for example)
:
: any ideas to what is wrong ?
:

Are you by any chance running Oracle on a HP-UX 9.0x system? If so then you did not read the release notes thoroughly enough. You need to install the latest dynamic loader (dld.sl) patch.

dave

--
David-Michael Lincke
Research Assistant