Re: Q: Does it work good Oracle/2000 on NT?

From: Ken Johnson <ken.johnson_at_mail.tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/06/29

Savas Pavlidis wrote:

> We plan to implement our first client-server application with Visual
> Basic 4 as the interface on clients. Among the alternatives is the use
> of Oracle/2000 on a Windows NT server. But we heard rumors of problems
> and/or difficulties on such implemanation. Your comments would help us
> decide. Also feel free to propose what you think it would be best.
> Clients would be Windows95 with Visual Basic 4 application (it is
> almost written).
>
> Your reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> Please reply also by e-mail.
>
> Savas Pavlidis
>
> pavlidis_at_ibm.net

I've worked with numerous Oracle 7.x Installations on Windows NT, including some fairly large ones. I don't know of any problems or difficulties with it. Installation is certainly easier than an Oracle unix installation. If the NT machine you are using is also doing other things (File or Print Services for example) that will certainly detract from performance (of course).

If you have any specific questions or worries, please let me know.

Ken Johnson -  Senior Technical Consultant
Tapestry Computing, Inc. http://www.tapestry.com