Re: Send commands to host ? - reportsV2.5

From: Corry Retzke <retrzke_at_i-d.com>
Date: 1996/06/27

diggens_at_ibm.net wrote:

> I am trying to put in an oracle batch queueing system, I want to send
> commands to the unix system it is running on at report runtime. Any
> ideas or enlightening paths to follow?

Although I haven't had a need to use it, you can try using the DBMS_PIPE package (version 7 of database). Good sources for how to use this are "Oracle PL/SQL" (S. Feuerstein, 1995, O'Reilly & Associates) and "Exploring Oracle Developer/2000 & Designer/2000" (Jan. 1996, Vol. 2 No. 1, The Cobb Group). Received on Thu Jun 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message