connect a mac

From: Klaus Sonnenleiter <100063.3631_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/06/25

hi there,

I'm trying to connect a Macintosh to our Oracle database and I run into some strange problem here: Oracle (running on Unixware) seems to be unable to install any database with a character set different from US7ASCII. the Mac otoh insists on being treated with a WE8MACROMAN8 character set. This doesn't seem to do much harm except for one case: As soon as I try to execute a stored procedure on the Mac side (procedure runs fin on Unix) I get an error message pointing out that the character at the end of the line is not valid.

Did anyone else have this problem before?

Klaus Sonnenleiter
The Media Machine Received on Tue Jun 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message