Who uses SQL*Net V2 and Oracle Names Server?

From: Oracle System Account <oracle_at_zeus>
Date: 1996/06/25

We are about to upgrade from SQL*Net V1 to SQL*Net V2.1. We are running Oracle V7.1.6 on Sequent Dynix/ptx and Digital Unix in 3 computer centra over the world.
For us using Oracle Names Server sounds very attractive. Who is using this product a is willing to share his experiences. Is it stable? Does it work as promising as the book says? Very valuable is information about the load each Names Server can deal with.

Who knows how many connections a TNS Listener can serve? If we have a machine running one database with 500 concurrent users and frequent logins, how many listeners must be started to serve this without performance problems?

Thanks in advance.

Anton Buijs,
Oracle expert
Nedlloyd Computer Services
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Email: anton.buijs_at_nedlloyd.nl Received on Tue Jun 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message