Re: Data Dictionary / Data Modelling for Solaris

From: <dbvision_at_inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: 1996/06/24

> jared_at_planet.net (Jared Hecker) writes:
> Try Cadre.
>
> jh
>
> U.Moser_at_t-online.de wrote:
> : We are looking for a Data Dictionary / Data Modelling Tool supporting Sybase
> : and running on X/Motif. Does anyone have one and can tell of experiences.

> : Thanks in advance

> : Ulrich
> : --
> : ____________________________________________________________________
> : UM - Consulting Roseneggweg 2
> : Client/Server Computing D-78244 Gottmadingen
> : Distributed Databases E-Mail: U.Moser_at_t-online.de
> : Ulrich Moser Office: Moser.Ulrich_at_ch.swissbank.com
>
> --
> Jared Hecker | ** HWA, Inc. ** Oracle and Sybase
> jared_at_planet.net | database architecture and administration
> 76276.740_at_compuserve.com | - serving the NYC/NJ region -

Yes, there's such a tool.

It's ERwin from Logic Works. ERwin comes in single- or multiuser vesrion (ModelMart)., and there's a special version for Solaris, but in the informations I have it says that it runs under OpenWindows.

Erwin is one of the best data Modelling tools on the market... that's what all the test says.

For more informations take a look at: http://www.logicworks.com

Tore Johannesen

DBVision
Suomisvej 3