Re: Migrating from Forms 3.0

From: Francisco Piragibe <piragibe_at_esquadro.com.br>
Date: 1996/06/23

penner_at_i2020.net (Jeff & Amy Penner) grava:
> Because Oracle 7.3 doesn't support Forms 3.0, we're going to have to
> upgrade to another tool. We're looking at Powerbuilder and Forms 4.5.
> We'll probably need to do it rather quickly, so one of the issues is
> time to convert. Has anyone else done anything like this? I'd like
> to get some information on good GUI tools to move to, as well as
> problems you might have had in converting. Please E-Mail me at
> penner_at_i2020.net. Thanks for you help!!

Forms 3.0 and the RDBMS itself are totally independent software components. So, as far as I know, you can use them together. ORACLE is trying to descontinue FORMS 3.0, replacing it by FORMS 4.5. Conversion from 3.0 to 4.5 is not exactly an easy task, although there are a fairly straight path to do so. If you don't care about using mice and sophisticated visual interface in the short run, FORMS 4.5 is far less risky than any other alternative. Received on Sun Jun 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message