Re: Advanced Editor in Forms 4.5

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/23

In article <01bb605b.75363d80$288245c6_at_sharris>, Samuel W. Harris <sharris_at_paltech.com> says:

>Does anybody know how to attach a 3rd party Editor to a Forms 4.5
>Text Item?. My users need features of an advanced Editor in data entry
>mode that the system editor does not provide. Can I define a 3rd party
>editor into Form 4.5? Our platform is Oracle7 on VAX/Form 4.5 /Win95.

Try the following cutting from the F45 manual: Using a System Editor

You can specify that Oracle Forms should use a system editor, rather than the default editor. Operators invoke the system editor in the same manner as the default editor.

The system editor to be used is defined by the FORMS45_EDITOR environment variable. The editor specified must use the ASCII text format. For information on environment variables and system editor availability, refer to the Oracle Forms documentation for your operating system.

To use a system editor:

1.	In the Navigator, select the desired text item.
2.	In the Properties window, set the Editor property to
        SYSTEM_EDITOR by selecting SYSTEM_EDITOR from the Editor
        property poplist.
3.	Specify the editor's display coordinates by setting the
        Editor X Position and Editor Y Position properties.
4.	Define the FORMS45_EDITOR environment variable.

	For example, on MS Windows, you can use the Notepad as a
system editor by defining FORMS45_EDITOR as:

        FORMS45_EDITOR = C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE HIH
nb I think the FORM45_EDITOR environment variable is defined in the ORACLE.INI file.
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Sun Jun 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message