Re: SQL TUNING - Does it make a difference, really?

From: <morgan_at_cygnus.lnec.pt>
Date: 1996/06/21

Erwin Fritz (erwin_at_fritz.cuug.ab.ca) wrote:

: In <4ps40n$srv_at_nr1.vancouver.istar.net> djetz_at_spots.ab.ca (Doris Jetz) writes:

: >I have read in a couple differency oracle tuning books that using
: >explicit cursors will save time if used in place of implicit cursors.

: >Will this save a significant amount of time over the extent of the
: >application?

:
it all depends on the number of tymes you are going to run it. I once had a program that was doing it 1M times. The difference is there. Received on Fri Jun 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message