Re: Help on OCI

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1996/06/20

In article <4qa9oh$htg_at_rjo02.embratel.net.br>, dominio_at_embratel.net.br writes:
|> Hi all,
|>
|> How (or where) can I get more information about OCI?
|> Can I use it to ´bind´ some ´C´ code to Oracle RDBMS 7.2?
|>
|> Thanks,
|>
|> Marcio Borges
|> Dominio Consultoria Ltda.
|> Brazil

OCI (the Oracle Call Interface) is a library which enables C code to send SQL statements to Oracle. So the answer to your second question is yes. For more info, I recommend the OCI documentation from Oracle - the first 3 chapters give a good introduction.

Scott Urman            Oracle Corporation           surman_at_us.oracle.com
Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2
Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm
"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of
 Oracle Corporation"