Re: forum use

From: Pixelated! <pixel_at_DELETE_THIS.shore.net>
Date: 1996/06/20

While prying the lemmings from hir ankles Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:37:57 -0500, Glenn Pilcher <pilcheg_at_tfs.net> wrote:

>I've had several (7) emails complaining because I've asked for help from
>all you good people. My understanding of free speech in the internets
>was that anyone could ask for help from anyone.

Yes, but what makes you think the database fora are the right places? Would you call the Highway department if your mail was late? Would you read Guns and Ammo for info about the latest movies?

YOu should ask your questions in an appropriate group because you're more likely to find people with the answer to your questions. Try one of the comp.dcom groups, at a guess, or one of the comp.hardware groups.

--
pixel[at]shore.net pixel[at]gnu.ai.mit.edu pixel[at]basenji.com
An it harm none, do as thou wilt.   Will newgroup for CPU upgrades.