Oracle7 - Enqueue Timeouts

From: <brad.wittekind_at_alliedsignal.com>
Date: 1996/06/20

How does one go about tuning Oracle 7.1.6 to avoid Enqueue Timeouts? The only information I can find recommends ( processes - 10 ) * 2 + 55, if processes are greater than 10. So far this has not been adequate. There is also a caveat to this formula, that it should not exceed ( dml_locks + ddl_locks ). Since ddl_locks only applies to Oracle v 6, I made the assumption that it would be ok as long as enqueue_resources were less than dml_locks. Now that I know the formula does not work I did some hip-shoot'n. My enqueue_resources have been set as low as 500 and as high 5000, but still can not avoid the timeouts. Received on Thu Jun 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message