Re: Developer/2000

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/16

In article <31C0635F.1DEA_at_simnew.demon.co.uk>, Simon Newbery <simon_at_simnew.demon.co.uk> says:

>I would be very interested to hear from people that have experience of
>Developer/2000 and Reports 2.5.
>
>How do these products compare with their competitors ?
>
>What are their nearest competitors ? SQR ?
>
>Have you come across technical limitations of these products that did not
>allow you to write the report you wanted.

We evaluated reports 2.0 and found it too limited for our needs - its reporting capabilities are restricted to what you can retreive with a SQL statement. We are using SAS, with a front end done in SAS/AF instead, for standard reporting and Business Objects for ad-hoc reporting. NB. I think SQR is a past generation and wouldnt normally be used with Developer/2000

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Sun Jun 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message