Re: HELP: PersonalOracle disabled WIN95 Dial-up Modem!

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/15

In article <31C1BB53.4367_at_austin.unimelb.edu.au>, kha <kha_at_austin.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>I have recently installed PO7 (win95 version) on Win95 and next thing I knew, my dial-up network
>wasn't working, &^%#!*^^? Oracle product.
>
>I was getting an error message saying the modem was being used by some other application.
>ORACLE????,
I haven't heard this problem, but there has been one mentioned where starting the rdbms will causes the dial-up network dialog to appear. This happens because Oracle will load sqlnet drivers(if present) which cause network drivers to load. If you've installed a Web browser that's replaced your winsock to one that will autodial when loaded, then you may want to turn that feature off. This problem sounds related.  I would review the dial-up settings to see if something is amiss.