Re: Table Schema and Modelling

From: R M Sams <RMSams_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/15

>> We need to store 300 millions of records every day.
>> Each record is 120 byte with 200+ fields.
>> Each field can be used as a key to do search.
>> There are about 6-10 fields will be used more than the others.

Does your DBMS support fragmentation?
If so, you may want to analyze that option. You may want to see what type of rows are accessed more often, too.

Also check to make sure your table is normalized.

Do you want to keep all days' data in one table, or could you afford to have them in different tables (perhaps, each week day to a table). This may lead to overheads, but you may want to think in this direction also.

-Sams Received on Sat Jun 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message