Re: Audit Trail - Can it include changed values?

From: David Trahan <dtrahan_at_tyler.ultranet.com>
Date: 1996/06/14

saii_at_cts.com (Gene_Plagge) wrote:

>Hi,

>I'm setting up a system where the customer wants an audit record
>of chnages made to the tables, including the user, time,
>what field was changed, and the before and after values.

>I am able to do this with triggers/procedures, and an
>audit trail table. With the number of tables and
>fields involved, it will take me a few years to
>get this in place!

>Is the Oracle Audit package able to track the
>before and after values of modified rows? It looks
>like it will only track who,when,what table,
>and what kind of action was taken, not the
>actual changes made.

Oracle's audit trail does not include column values.

SQL<>SECURE Audit Manager from BrainTree Technology is designed to specifically solve this problem. Audit Manager allows you to create and configure Oracle AND trigger based auditing options, review the resulting audit events with reporting, filtering, graphing, summarization, and purge features.

See http://www.sqlsecure.com or call (617) 982-0200.

Dave Trahan
dtrahan_at_ultranet.com Received on Fri Jun 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message