Re: Snapshots imported

From: Stewart Barklem <Stewartb_at_lnhdent.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1996/06/14

David Novice <dnovice_at_cisco.com> wrote:
>I have run an export/import of a snapshot which uses a FAST refresh and
>a snapshot log on the source system. Since it has been imported, I get
>an error attempting to do a fast refresh:
>ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used
>Can somebody tell me what exactly is causing this error? Is there a
>table I can update to say "I know, the records in the snapshot are
>legit, let me do a fast update"?

It would be nice but as far as I know no... well I expect there is a system table somewhere which you could update! (unsupported by Oracle of course).

The only (legitimate) way around your problem is to do a complete refresh - execute dbms_snapshot.refresh('table_name','c'); - things will then work properly. The answer is not to import snapshots.... amend the data on the master table only.

[These views are personal and are not the views of the company I work for.] Received on Fri Jun 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message