Re: Changing Column names

From: Aditya Sharma <sharmaa_at_detroitedison.com>
Date: 1996/06/13

RISHI ANAND wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just had a question regarding changing the headings of the column
> names in oracle SQL.
> For example, if we have table that has different columns with headings
> like NAME, ADDRESS, ID, etc..and I want to change the 'NAME' field to
> something else like 'EMP_NAME', then how would I go about doing that.
> Please let me know.
> Thanks.
> --
> **RISHI**
>
> *********Never tell a lie unless it is absolutely convenient.**********

Rishi,

If you are interested in changing the column heading while querying; in SQL*Plus, one can assign an alias to the columns being selected. Your query should look like :
  SELECT NAME 'EMP_NAME', ADDRESS 'EMP_ADD', ...   FROM .... Aditya. Received on Thu Jun 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message