Report export formats

From: Simon Chessum <simonc_at_oakton.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/13

G'day all,

The Form4.5 app we are doing at the moment needs to produce a couple of "reports" to MSWord. Experimenting with Reports2.5 doesn't appear to allow this sort of thing, not even an export to a plain text file.

Is there a way of making Reports2.5 export to a file in a readable format (it appears to do file exports in a printer language format)??

The other option I may have to look at is producing the report data manually, & getting it to MSWord via DDE/OLE, or producing a text file using TEXT I/O.

Does anybody have any experience/tips for doing this sort of thing???

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

  • Sime.

Simon Chessum simonc_at_oakton.com.au BEng(CompSys)(Hons) Phone: +61 3 98538855 Oakton Computing Fax: +61 3 98538899