Re: SQL-LOADER, UNIX ascii file 1.2M liness takes more than 2 days..HELP!

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1996/06/12

PATTER wrote:

> ==========Marc Shewring, 6/8/96==========
> Hi there I am traying to load in data using sql-loader under SUNOS
> 4.1.3.u on a Sparc20 and the load is taking forever. Admitedly the
> file is big 1.2 Million lines and there are only 4 fields on each
> line. Is there a faster way of getting this nav-data into oracle?

Try using SQL*Loader's direct load option. This bypasses the Oracle internals and loads the data directly into the tables and indexes on disk. Can be SIGNIFICANTLY faster than a conventional load. Look at your SQL*Loader manuals for more information.

Regards,
Brian

--
Brian M. Biggs                             mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.                       voice: (513) 677-7661