Re: Snapshots imported

From: Steve Long <answers_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/10

In <31BAB999.32E6_at_cisco.com> David Novice <dnovice_at_cisco.com> writes:

>I have run an export/import of a snapshot which uses a FAST refresh
 and
>a snapshot log on the source system. Since it has been imported, I get

>an error attempting to do a fast refresh:
>ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used
>Can somebody tell me what exactly is causing this error? Is there a
>table I can update to say "I know, the records in the snapshot are
>legit, let me do a fast update"?

If you read carefully the ORALCE text on snapshots, fast refresh can be done only under specific circumstances. If your snapshot does not meet the specified criteria, you must do a COMPLETE refresh. Check it out. If you are still having problems, let me know, and provide a little more detail about your environment and the snapshot.

Steve
804-262-6332 Received on Mon Jun 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message