URGENT HELP ! ora-07268: szguns: getpwuid error.

From: Loh Kir Chern <mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg>
Date: 1996/06/09

Dear World,

I am upgrading Oracle 7.1.4 to 7.1.6 over the weekend. However, when I start an Oracle product, eg sqlplus, forms4 etc, it gives Enter user-name: osi
Enter password: <passwd>
ERROR: ORA-07268: szguns: getpwuid error.

This is an NIS UNIX account. However, if I log on as a local account, invoking Oracle products is fine. I've been happily connecting to Oracle with V7.1.4 (via both NIS and local accounts), but little did I expect such complication by doing this upgrade.

Please help.

Rgds
Kir Chern, Loh
Email : mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg Received on Sun Jun 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message