Re: Q: SQL*NET client configuration?

From: Jim Richards <jimr_at_aone.net.au>
Date: 1996/06/06

Somewhere in the midst of time, qcs_at_netcom.com says...

>Hi everyone,
>
>Could someone please help me configure SQL*NET on the
>client machine running UNIX(AIX)? I want my PRO*C
>application to talk to remote ORACLE Server. Any
>tips would be most welcome.

In order to get anywhere the ADDRESS section os listener.ora on the server must be the same as the ADDRESS section on the client's tnsnames.ora ...

Also make sure the host is either a fully qualified domain name or the dns is set up with the short form in the Host parameter ...

--
Mary had a little spam,
Its text was white as snow.