Re: Conversion of Forms 4.0.x.x to 4.5.x.x Information

From: Andrew Lindsay <lindsaya_at_enterprise.net>
Date: 1996/06/06

robert.goodwin_at_msfc.nasa.gov (Robert Goodwin) wrote:

>Chris Meemken <cmeemkcl_at_tgn.net> wrote:

>>I'm looking for any ideas, history, troubles and sucesses on the
>>conversion process of migration to 4.5. Our site has aprox. 600+ forms
>>and many reports to convert. Appreciate any thoughts or known pitfalls.

>>Thanks in Advance

>There is a "font convert" utility that you may need to use. When we
>started converting, we had problems with fonts getting screwed up.
>Oracle tech support sent us a font conversion utility that solved the
>problem...check with them if you have such a problem.

>If you're by any chance running in a Motif environment, you may have
>problems with Tk2Motif...we're still struggling with these.

There is a product called GUI*Converter from Kumaran which I have used successfully to go from Forms 3 to 4.5. This process involved first upgrading to Forms 4.0 and then using the conversion tool. Email me if you require any further info.

Andy
lindsaya_at_enterprise.net Received on Thu Jun 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message