Re: How to turn off parallel option for my benchmarks

From: Bruce Copping <bcopping_at_cpcug.org>
Date: 1996/06/04

Anton Dischner (dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de) wrote:
: In article <AAoCMfnKp5_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>,
: dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA wrote:
:
: ...
:
: > One vendor is offering the parallel option, and the other is not. I want
: > to be able to turn off the parallel option to be able to test just the
: > servers on equal ground. Is it sufficient to just drop the tables used in the
: > benchmarking program and then recreate/populate them without the parallel
: > parameter?
: >
: ...
:
: Hi Dwayne,
:
: if i remember correct you have to enable the parallel query on each table using:
:
: alter table <table_name> set parallel <number of parellel procs>.
:
: Try help alter table in SQL*Plus.
:
: I am not shure about the correct syntax.
:
: HTH,
:
: Toni
:
: --
: A. Dischner, AIX sysadmin, Oracle DBA | Maier's rule:
: Institut fuer Klinische Chemie | Murphy is an
: Klinikum Grosshadern | optimist.
: Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen, GER |
: Marchioninistr.15 81366 Muenchen 49-89-70953202 |

Is there any confusion here between the Parallel Server product and the Parallel Query Option (I've just recently gotten the idea the parallel server is about multiple machines but the parallel query option is about multiple CPUs in a single machine). Is the alter table syntax above for Parallel Server or Parallel Query Option? Thanks,
Bruce Copping Received on Tue Jun 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message