Re: How to get the first four rows???

From: Michael E. Austin <austin_at_inmind.com>
Date: 1996/06/04

Wilfred Ng (siuhungn) wrote:
: >Muhammad A. Malik's solution worked when I tried this out
: >As for the two or more dates having equal dates, since my orderdate
: >was from sysdate which had time in it as well.
: >It was ok.
: >
: >
: >Andal Nalina
: >Consultant
: >Deloitte & Touche Consulting Group
: >DRT Systems International L.P,

: Of course it works in this circumstance. But I just saying that in general
: there is no GOOD way to retrieve first n tuples in simple SQL. Your case is
: just a special case in the sense that EVERY tuple is UNIQUE. So there is no
: contradication to what I meant.

If you were using something like OracleRDB, you could say:

select * from tablename where ... limit to 4 rows;

:)

--
|                         Michael E. Austin                              |