Re: Developer/2000.

From: Ken Johnson <ken.johnson_at_mail.tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/06/02

Richard Koop wrote:

> I'm looking into 4GL GUI development tools like Powerbuilder and Unify
> VISIONs, etc... Is it worth look into Developer/2000? Is it closely tied to
> Oracle or can you develop apps that connect to a Sybase database as well?

Yes Developer/2000 is closely tied to Oracle. I believe it is "possible" to develop applications that connect to other systems. But I'm sure it wouldn't be very easy, and I've never heard of anyone doing it.

Ken Johnson                    Technical Consultant
Tapestry Computing, Inc.       http://www.tapestry.com