I should know this....about temp segments tablespace

From: Donna Kray <kray.donna_at_mlink.motors.ge.com>
Date: 1996/05/30

One thing I've never been sure about.

  1. Does a user need quota on a tablespace for temporary segments? (I'm on 7.0.16, soon to be 7.1.5) This would be a user who does not explicitly build anything in the tablespace (no indexes or tables). (In case you're wondering, yes, ALL my users except SYS have temp tablespace set to this tablespace.
  2. The temp segements...do they belong to the user or to sys (or whomever)?? If they belong to sys (or whomever), then the user would not need quota, correct?
  3. Before you enjoin me to RTFM, tell me what TFM is. I would love to track it down in the documentation, but have not been able to as of yet.

TIA, DL Kray Received on Thu May 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message