Question: Connect on NT - one line command.

From: mahaly <mahaly_at_clamart.wireline.slb.com>
Date: 1996/05/29

Dear all,

I used to use Oracle 7 on Solaris. I was then able to issue a command like:
>sqlplus {user}/{password} "_at_{file}"
to connect {user} and to execute {file} before the DB gives the control to me.

Now, I am using Oracle 7.1.3 on WNT 3.51. and I want to issue the same type of one-line command.

When I issue the command:
>sqldba mode=line {user}/{password}, any
character after mode=line is ignored by the DB and I have to type the command
>connect {user}/{password} under the sqlplus prompt to
be connected.

Now, if I create a file connect.sql with only the line connect {user}/{password} in it [with no exit], if I execute the command
>sqldba mode=line < connect.sql,

the connection is executed but the sqlplus control is not given to me. The control comes back to DOS.

Can someone give me a solution?

I hope, my explanation is clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

-Mahaly.
Schlumberger Riboud Product Centre
Clamart-France. Received on Wed May 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message