Tablespace excl during Media Recovery

From: Jeff Gironda <mainline_at_cloud9.net>
Date: 1996/05/28

My database has a very large 600 Meg table in its own tablespace which gets loaded (refreshed completely) once a week. Since I could refresh the data from an external source anytime, I would like to exclude this data from my backup/ recovery plans. My question: Supposing I needed to recovery from a previous backup, could I drop this tablespace somehow before initiating roll-forward phase of applying log files?

I've had no luck trying to simulate this scenario on a test database. When I start the instance after restoring the old data files, Oracle won't open the database, and insists I recover w/ the database closed.

Is there something I could do while DB is mounted but not open?

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff G Received on Tue May 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message