Re: Object oriented oracle ?

From: <tamam_yb_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/05/28

In article <1996May25.202818_at_winnie>, <95donakanti_at_wmich.edu> writes:

> hi,
>
> I am just learning oracle 7.1.
> I'm supposed to do a Object oriented database in Oracle...
>
> I have been reading oracle for quite some time, and i found that tables,views
> etc.. are stored as objects in oracle..
>
> but i was not able to understand what a object oriented database in
> oracle would be...
> if i use tables,views etc does it mean the database is object
> oriented ?
>
> or, does oracle support any other object oriented tools ?
> if it supports , what are they and how do i implement it ....
>
> any help is appreciated...
>
> thankx in advance
>
> Ram

The Oracle's objects are not objects oriented they are only tables with information. They don't hove any oblect oriented capability !!

If you need to work with object oriented database look for others databases.

There're also others software that work with oracle aqnd provides objects oriented approched (like delphi, powerbuilder etc|).

Oved Received on Tue May 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message