Oracle WebSystem

From: Marc Barret <Marc.Barret_at_gni.fr>
Date: 1996/05/28

Hi,

I have a few questions about the acces to an Oracle database through the Web. Maybe some one could answer them?

  • what are the different steps to make available to a Web client some informations stored in an Oracle database:
    • write some CGI-scripts with PL/SQL code?
    • write some "HTML" documents with embedded PL/SQL, which will be parsed by the Oracle WebServer
  • is the Oracle Web Server mandatory to do that?
  • is the Oracle Web Client mandatory to access such documents?
  • what has Java to do with all that stuff?

Thanks for your answers (I will post a summary of the answers)

Marc Barret
Grenoble Network Initiative / INRIA Rhone Alpes
Marc.Barret_at_gni.fr                      http://www.gni.fr/
ZIRST - 655 Avenue de l'Europe - 38330 Montbonnot - FRANCE
Tel (+33) 76 61 53 12        -       Fax (+33) 76 61 52 52