How to Disseminate Changes from 7.2 to 7.3?

From: badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1996/05/27

Hi:

        We recently moved from 7.2.3 to ORACLE 7.3.2. I am glad to find out that there are several new features. We are a shop of 25 developers. What is the best method of making all developers aware of the changes?

        I can think of several ways. Could someone offer advice?

  1. One way would be to send them all to ORACLE class, which may be expensive.
  2. Buy ORACLE CBT and have the developers go through it. Is there a CBT on changes from 7.2 to 7.3?
  3. Make a synopsis of all changes and distribute it to developers and hope they read it.
  4. Hold a "test" on changes to encourage familiarity of changes.

        Do you even think that the amount of change warrants any of the above? How is your shop dealing with keeping developers updated?

Any input is greatly qappreciated,

thanks a lot,

-Badri Received on Mon May 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message