Oracle DBA examination info

From: Vic Parekh <vparekh_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/05/27

Some time ago I had posted asking for information about Oracle DBA certification. Here is what I have found out:

I called Oracle's 800#, and the operator there gave me a different # for Oracle Education. Oracle Education said they do not do any certification, but they gave the name of a company in New Jersey that does. It is called the Chauncey Group, a company that is owned by by Educational Testing Service, the company that makes the SAT's.

So The Chauncey Group, has this exam to certify you as an Oracle DBA. It costs $200, and is computer-administered. It is 60 questions, multiple-choice. Takes 1 hr 45 min.

To contact Chauncy,

Oracle7 DBA examination
The Chauncey Group International
PO Box 6541
Princeton, NJ 08541-6541

(800)258-4914
fax (609)951-6240

email: dbatest_at_cgi.com

My questions and comments:

  1. can 60 multiple choice questions really test a person on their DBA skills?
  2. what is the value/worth of this certification
  3. how many people have heard about this place?

Thanks,

--
Vic Parekh
vparekh_at_pobox.com