Re: Suppressing glogin.sql

From: Gonzalo Gili I <g-gili_at_mailnet.rdc.cl>
Date: 1996/05/24

louis.avrami..jr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to suppress output from glogin.sql when
> starting up sqlplus? I am writing some scripts to query various
> tables, and wish to execute them from a UNIX command-line and
> manipulate the output. I can "sed" out the output of glogin.sql,
> but it is not a very clean solution. Unfortunately, the "-s"
> option to sqlplus does not suppress glogin.sql output.

> Lou Avrami ( attmail!lavrami )

Try the following:
1)In your unix shell script redirect the output of the sqlplus call to /dev/null or a file.
2)In the sql script generate a spool with the output you are interested in.
3)Back in the shell script you can cat or more the .lst generated by the SQL.
4) You can then rm the .lst if you wish.

This method works fine !

Gonzalo Received on Fri May 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message